BECOME A QUALIFIED YIN TEACHER
In this comprehensive 50-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training you will learn the transformative effects of Yin Yoga, supported by the latest scientific research. This training goes beyond the basics - Throughout the training, you will gain practical insights into myofascial release techniques, and you'll explore advanced breathing techniques designed to enhance the overall Yin Yoga experience. After completion of the training you’ll be ready to start teaching effective and complete Yin Yoga classes.
Who is this for
- Yoga, fitness and pilates teachers who wish to become more allround and deepen their skills as a teacher
- Committed students who want to really understand and dive deep into the Yin Yoga practice
What you’ll learn
- The principles and origins of Yin Yoga, including Western studies about fascia as well as the Traditional Chinese Medicine Meridian theory
- Fundamental anatomy principles to enhance mobility, flexibility, and ensure teaching safe classes
- Yin Yoga exercises and sequencing
- Variations for different levels and modifications for common injuries
- Breathing techniques
- Myofascial Release techniques
- Building and teaching Yin Yoga classes with confidence, using precise cues
- 5 live training days in the studio
- Video classes for observation and self-practice
- Video tutorials for study and reference
- A set of myofascial release massage balls
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Mentoring from Joy and Eddie during the training
- A Yin Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
To make the most of this training, we recommend a minimum of six months of Yin Yoga experience prior to joining this teacher training, and an active participation in the training.
The training is organized into 5 weeks, each of which includes:
- A training day (see dates below)
- Reading + assignments (approximately 2 hours per week)
- Home practice (approximately 2 hours per week)
After the training, you'll have the opportunity to teach a class to your fellow students (the "Exam"). The training is completed by successfully participating in the full training and the Exam.
- Saturday Oct 5 - 13.30 - 19.30 hrs
- Saturday Oct 12 - 13.30 - 19.30 hrs
- Saturday Oct 19 - 13.30 - 19.30 hrs
- Saturday Oct 26 - 13.30 - 19.30 hrs
- Saturday Nov 2 - 13.30 - 19.30 hrs (exam day)
- Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
Other books we recommend (but not required for the training):
- The Roll Model by Jill Miller
- Anatomy Trains by Thomas Myers (Third Edition)
- Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers
Price: EUR 895 ex VAT.
Early bird (register prior to May 31): EUR 750 ex VAT.
Payment in 2 instalments is possible, e-mail email@example.com.
About the teachers
Eddie and Joy from the Zen Caravan are both highly trained and skilled teachers when it comes to the body & mind. They travel the world teaching yoga, myofascial release, mindfulness & movement in their unique way. They combine they’re love and experience in magical classes. This year they bring their teachings to you in the form of an intensive 50h teaching training.
Eddie is a movement & mobility specialist, meditation & mindfulness coach. He studied with Kelly Starret, the founder of The Ready State introducing the rolling techniques and mobility techniques we know today. Over the last years he has guided many clients, classes, workshops & retreats to help people move better, feel better and find flow back into their lives. His knowledge about the body & the mind is exceptional and will give you the insights you need to enhance your own teaching.
Joy is a yoga teacher, a dancer, a singer and teaches you to find flow. With more than 700 hours of official yoga teacher trainings, studying dance and performing arts her teachings are unique. She helps you understand how your body moves instead of how THE body should move. Finding flow is an exceptional skill and Joy helps you find it. Everyone is unique, so as a teacher you need to know how to help all these unique individuals.
This is a 50-hour continuing education training. If you're already a teacher in a related field such as yoga, pilates, or fitness and wish to expand into teaching Yin Yoga, this training is ideal for you. If you have no prior related experience, you may require additional training to meet the standard 200-hour curriculum, as many yoga and fitness studios typically require a minimum of 200 hours of training. However, this requirement may also depend on your teaching skills and your ability to create a supportive environment for others.
It’s a 50-hour training, distributed over a period of 5 weeks:
Each week includes a training day from 13.30 - 19.30, video tutorials and assignments (+/- 2hrs per week) and home practice (+/- 2hrs per week).
Yes this is required to receive the Yin Teacher Training Certificate.
The training costs EUR 895 (or EUR 750 if you sign up before May 31st). Prices are excluding VAT. If you are registered with the KvK, you can request the VAT back in your tax return.
If you would like to pay in more terms, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that a payment plan cannot be canceled and there are no refunds for this training.
At the core of our motivation lies a deep love for Yin Yoga. But also the fact that all our Yin classes are always fully packed and there’s a growing demand for qualified Yin teachers who know all about the Yin principles, fascia, energy lines and supportive breathing techniques. The combined energy and expertise of Eddie and Joy makes this the perfect opportunity to bring all of this together in a fast-track program of 5 weeks.