Backed by years of teaching expertise, this in-depth teacher training (50hrs) with Rachel van Koesveld and Omar Pliego Trejo covers anatomy, breathwork, postural alignment, the most important Pilates exercises and sequencing, as well as a home practice to deepen your practice and develop your skills as a Pilates teacher.
Who is this for?
- Yoga teachers who wish to become more allround and refine their skills as a teacher
- New teachers looking for a level 1 pilates training (see FAQ)
- Committed students who love pilates and wish to deepen their practice
- The basic principles and history of Pilates
- Exercises and sequencing
- Modifications for common injuries and pregnancy
- Building and teaching a Pilates class with confidence, using precise cues
- Home practice (20 -30 minutes, 2-3 x per week)
- Pilates Teacher Training Manual
- 10+ Pilates video tutorials to support your teacher training and home practice
- Mentoring from Rachel and Omar
- A Pilates Teacher Training Certificate
- At least one class with each of Rachel and Omar
- We recommend to have a minimum of six months of Pilates experience prior to joining this teacher training, and to be familiar with the exercises
This training is broken down in 5 chapters. Each chapter includes a training day (see dates below), video tutorials & home work (+/- 2hrs per week) and home practice (+/- 1hr per week). After the training you’ll get the opportunity to teach a class to your fellow students (the “Exam”). The training is completed by successfully participating in the full training and the Exam.
- Chapter 1: Sat 28 Oct | 13.30 - 19.00 hrs
- Chapter 2: Sat 4 Nov | 13.30 - 19.00 hrs
- Chapter 3: Sat 11 Nov | 13.30 - 19.00 hrs
- Chapter 4: Sat 18 Nov | 13.30 - 19.00 hrs
- Chapter 5: Sat 25 Nov | 13.30 - 19.00 hrs
- Exam date: Sat 2 Dec | 13.30 hrs
Price: EUR 850
Limited Early Bird: EUR 695* (apply before May 1st, limited availability)
To guarantee your spot, a non-refundable downpayment of EUR 250 is required. The remaining amount is due before October 1st.
The Investment is excluding 21% VAT; if you are registered with the KvK, you can request the VAT back in your tax return)
*To make use of the Early Bird offer, application is required before May 1st.
Meet the teachers
About 20 years ago, Omar was introduced to pilates by a friend when he was in training to become a sports coach but felt like he was missing something. He fell in love with the principles of pilates and the effects it has on both body and mind, and soon he became an all round pilates instructor. He opened his own studio and started to train physiotherapists to use pilates for their clients. Omar is excited to continue his training work, and spark others with his passion for the practice.
Rachel has been active her whole life, using her body as an instrument to literally dance around the world. It was at age 19 that she quit ballet and discovered yoga and pilates, and committed to a 4 years study to start guiding classes professionally. With almost 20 years of teaching experience and an everlasting passion for pilates, she is beyond thrilled to start a new journey of sharing her knowledge through this pilates teacher training. There is so much to share!
In 10 weeks you will feel the difference
In 20 weeks you see the difference
In 30 weeks you will have a whole new body
Not at all. This training is open to everyone who is interested in (teaching) pilates.
This is a 50 hour training for continuing education. If you’re already a teacher in a related field (e.g. yoga, dance, fitness) and you wish to start teaching pilates classes as well, this is the perfect training for you. If you have no prior related experience, we recommend completing extra training (e.g. a yoga teacher training) prior to teaching to build a 200 hours curriculum. Most yoga and fitness studios require a minimum of 200 hours training.
It’s a 50-hour training:
5 Saturday afternoons from 13.30 - 19.00 + reading assignments and home practice (+/- 10 hours per week).
Yes this is required to receive the Pilates Teacher Training Certificate.
The training costs EUR 850 (including VAT) or EUR 695 if you apply as an Early Bird before May 1st. You can either pay in one payment or in 2 terms. A non-refundable downpayment of EUR 250 is required to secure your spot in the training. The full payment is due 8 weeks before the start of the class. If you would like to pay in 3 or more terms, please send us a message at email@example.com. Note that a payment plan cannot be canceled and there are no refunds for this training.