Backed by years of teaching expertise, this in-depth teacher training (50hrs) with Rachel van Koesveld and Omar Pliego covers anatomy, breathwork, postural alignment, the most important Pilates exercises and sequencing, as well as a home practice to deepen your practice and develop your skills as a Pilates teacher.
Who is this for
- Yoga teachers who wish to become more allround and refine their skills as a teacher
- New teachers looking for a level 1 pilates training (see FAQ)
- Committed students who love pilates and wish to deepen their practice
- The basic principles and history of Pilates
- Exercises and sequencing
- Modifications for common injuries
- Building and teaching a Pilates class with confidence, using precise cues
- Home practice (20 -30 minutes, 4 x per week)
- 10 online mat classes for observation and self-practice
- Video tutorials for study and reference
- Pilates Teacher Training Manual
- Mentoring from Rachel and Omar
- A Pilates Teacher Training Certificate
- At least one class with each of Rachel and Omar
- We recommend to have a minimum of six months of Pilates experience prior to joining this teacher training, and to be familiar with the exercises
This training is broken down in 5 chapters. Each chapter includes a training day (see dates below), video tutorials & home work (+/- 2hrs per week) and home practice (+/- 2hrs per week). After the training you’ll get the opportunity to teach a class to your fellow students (the “Exam”). The training is completed by successfully participating in the full training and the Exam.
- Chapter 1: Sat 28 Oct | 13.30 - 19.30 hrs
- Chapter 2: Sat 4 Nov | 13.30 - 19.30 hrs
- Chapter 3: Sat 11 Nov | 13.30 - 19.30 hrs
- Chapter 4: Sat 18 Nov | 13.30 - 19.30 hrs
- Chapter 5: Sat 25 Nov | 13.30 - 19.30 hrs
- Exam date: Sat 2 Dec | 13.30 hrs
Price: EUR 850 ex VAT.
Meet the teachers
About 20 years ago, Omar was introduced to pilates by a friend when he was in training to become a sports coach but felt like he was missing something. He fell in love with the principles of pilates and the effects it has on both body and mind, and soon he became an all round pilates instructor. He opened his own studio and started to train physiotherapists to use pilates for their clients. Omar is excited to continue his training work, and spark others with his passion for the practice.
Rachel has been active her whole life, using her body as an instrument to literally dance around the world. It was at age 19 that she quit ballet and discovered yoga and pilates, and committed to a 4 years study to start guiding classes professionally. With almost 20 years of teaching experience and an everlasting passion for pilates, she is beyond thrilled to start a new journey of sharing her knowledge through this pilates teacher training. There is so much to share!
In 10 weeks you will feel the difference
In 20 weeks you see the difference
In 30 weeks you will have a whole new body
- Joseph Pilates
Not at all. This training is open to everyone who is interested in pilates. However, a basic level of anatomy is required, see also the next question. Are you in doubt if this training is for you? Contact us via email@example.com.
This is a 50 hour training for continuing education. If you’re already a teacher in a related field (e.g. yoga, dance, fitness) and you wish to start teaching pilates classes as well, this is the perfect training for you. If you have no prior related experience, we recommend completing extra training (e.g. a yoga teacher training) to build a 200 hours curriculum. Most yoga and fitness studios require a minimum of 200 hours training.
It’s a 50-hour training:
Each chapter includes a training day from 13.00 - 19.30, video tutorials and assignments (+/- 2hrs per week) and home practice (+/- 2hrs per week).
Yes this is required to receive the Pilates Teacher Training Certificate.
The training costs EUR 850 ex VAT. If you would like to pay in more terms, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that a payment plan cannot be canceled and there are no refunds for this training.
Prices are excluding VAT. If you are registered with the KvK, you can request the VAT back in your tax return.
With the immense popularity of Pilates, there is a growing demand for skilled and knowledgeable Pilates teachers. We are excited to help meet that demand by providing a comprehensive training program that equips you with the skills and expertise needed to become a successful Pilates teacher. Plus, with Rachel and Omar's wealth of knowledge and expertise, this is an opportunity not to be missed!